Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It's the little things...

I was posed a question by a very handsome man last night, " What makes you happy?" Well, as I stated in my last post on here, that's my goal, happy. In my head I knew what the answer was, obviously my friends and family. However before I could say this, again Mr. Handsome said that he knew friends and family made me happy. He was looking for a different answer. The kind of answer that honestly does make you stop and think for a minute, what does make me happy? I rolled this over in my head for a minute. Then when I started thinking of answers... it was all little things. Not that that's a bad thing, but I guess I never realized how many little things in my life make me happy. Things that make me smile, laugh, bring up a great memory, put me at ease, make me comfortable, and things that make me come back for more.
I had just recently finished a great book, and I mean this book made me want to find an excuse to call in to work for the day just so I could read it! That makes me happy. My morning routine makes me happy. Its not some great thought out scheme, it's just the simplicity of it. But it's what I do daily when I get out of bed. I get up, start my coffee (something else that makes me happy), TMI WARNING: I go to the bathroom, go back to the kitchen get my coffee mug out, put it in front of the maker, with my creamer and sugar. Then I return to the bathroom and brush my teeth. Again, simple, but it makes me happy, it's the start of my day!
My favorite perfume...Euphoria by Calvin Klein. It's awesome and makes me happy! Office supplies, I don't have an office job per say, but there is something about highlighters, post-its, pens, notebooks, paper clips, that make me smile. Maybe it's that nagging thought in my head that one day I will be organized, HA!
The way autumn smells, that dry leaf smell, love it! Autumn also brings that first kind of chilly day when you get to wear a sweater for the first time after sweating your ass off all summer. The smell of rain gets me too. Bonfires, especially at my parents. Drinking beer, having a hot dog or two, and just watching a fire. I really could go on and on and on. I guess the point of this is that, no matter what my day holds, whether I am dreading going to work, or I have been waiting forever for a bus or train in the cold. I woke up late, can't find my keys, etc. I realized that, somewhere amidst all my day to day humdrum, there are a lot of things that are going to make me happy! So I leave you with this thought for yourself, what makes you happy?
I just realized something, I didn't reciprocate the question back to the Mr. Handsome. Shit! I need to go make a phone call!! 

1 comment: