Monday, March 26, 2012

Sisters...sisters...(think White Christmas)

To my sister, heads up, cause this blog has got you ALL over it!! And if there is anything I reveal that you didn't want out there for people to read, you can kick my ass in June when I come home!!
That being said, me and my sister have a friendly wager placed between us. We both had a goal to lose weight, and both had generally the same goal date. We (me and sis) are in a wedding at the end of June. Julie, my friend since I was 12, is getting married. Now for a slice of confusion...my sister Amy is Julie's sister-in-law. Julie's older brother, married my sister. Our families have been around each other for about 18 years now.
Anyways, me and Amy are bridesmaids. So...I started trying to lose some weight after Christmas. I have done okay-ish, I kind of dropped off on the actual working out part, but am still eating a hell of a lot better! When I started moving to my new apartment everything on the weight loss front got put on hold. So, I needed a new found motivation, a fire to be lit under my ass, Amy be thy name!
So I gave Amy a call the other day, no answer, so I left a voice-mail. "Hey, it's me, just had an idea, if your game, and still wanting/needing to lose weight. Call me. Bye."
So here's the idea... if she is still in the weight-loss game like I am. Let's do what every other warm-blooded human being would do and make it interesting, let's put some money on it!! (you're laughing, but you know deep down that when there is money on the line for something it makes you work harder).
So, she calls back, I explain my plan. And, she's on board!! Not only on board, but to the tune of $100 on board.
The rules go like this folks, our goal date is June 30th. We both have set amount of lbs. we each want to lose by this time. If Amy makes her goal weight and I don't, I owe her $100. If I make my goal, and she doesn't, that's a lovely $100 to me. If we both make our goal, we are going to treat ourselves to an AMAZING meal and go balls out on the bill, we've decided sushi and libations at Ocean Zen. In other words, win win situation! Unless I lose, so maybe not so much win win. Anyways... to my sister, may she who loses most, win the most!!
I will not share my sister's stats, cause that's just asking to get killed. But I will inform you that when this wager was placed, just about 4 days ago...my weight was 173. My goal, 155! As of April 1st I am going to shake hands with Jillain again and get my "30-Day Shred" on. And Amy don't think I didn't notice all the newly posted workout plans on Pinterest...

But folks, I am going to praise this chic for a bit. My sister, she is AWESOME!! Somehow, amidst being a mom to 2 fantastic kids (Macklen and Maggie), being a high school teacher and doing all the extra things that involves, she got her masters just a short while ago...also while being a mom and teacher. She is currently teaching an on-line college course, helping Julie plan and decorate her wedding reception, planning and hosting ways to help her students raise money for the trip they are making. Which she does once every couple of years, takes a group of high schoolers abroad. Did I mention she is a mom too?...with 2 kids? She's organized, crafty, insanely talented, incredibly patient, and she's my big sister. Writing this last part has started me crying... My sister is also one of the few people I have at home that when I talk to them on the phone it feels like I'm right there and have never left! She supports the decisions I have made in my life, no matter how insane.
Amy, you are my sister, you are my friend, you are a great wife, you are an amazing mother, and you are SO going to owe me $100 on June 30th!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is on like Donkey Kong! And thanks for all the compliments, I also was doing the crying stuff. See you in June!

    ReplyDelete